H2W introduces a new DC Linear Brush-Type Servo Amplifier (LCAM 5/15) that is ideally suited to drive our complete line of voice coil linear actuators. Linear amplifiers allow the current to flow continuously to the motor which prevents any dead-band issues that occur in many PWM type amplifiers. Additionally, linear amplifiers have low EMI, and no audible noise that also can be found in many PWM type amplifiers. Therefore because of their high current loop bandwidth, coupled with a low EMI, this leads to a smooth motion profile, which make linear amplifiers the best choice for high precision applications. They are often used in precision stages to drive linear motors or voice coil actuators in semiconductor, medical, and optical equipment, since most voice coil actuators have very low inductance windings (less than 1 mH), this makes a linear servo amplifier the preferred method to drive voice coils.
Amplifiers will be preset to match the continuous and peak current specifications of any H2W voice coil motor. Available from stock for immediate shipping.
- Designed for Low Noise Operation
- High Output Current: 5A Continuous Output, 15A Peak Output
- Wide Power Supply Range: +24 to +70 Volts DC
- Wide Bandwidth: 6.5kHz (90 Degree Phase Shift)
- Current or Velocity Mode Operation
- Amplifier Over-Temperature Protection
- Amplifier Enable Input
- Fault Indicator Output
- Adjustable DC Offset Voltage