With the recent acquisition of the Baldor linear motion product line, H2W Technologies now manufactures an extensive line of AC polynoid linear actuators.
The AC polynoid is an electrically operated, open loop AC linear induction motor that provides a constant force over its entire stroke. It can run directly off of 115 / 230 VAC line voltage or with an adjustable frequency drive. Its direction of travel is reversible by switching 2 of the 3 leads.
A polynoid is made up of two basic parts, a rod and a stator. The stator is a series of interconnected coils that are housed in a toothed steel assembly that is available with fins for improved heat dissipation. An optional holding coil is available for end holding at one or both ends. The rod is a custom copper clad steel shaft, with tapped mounting holes. The rod can be supplied in any length.
Polynoid linear actuators are ideal replacements for air cylinders, and can be used to actuate electrical switch gears, for diverting products on conveyer belts.
· Forces to 445 N [100 Lbs]
· Acceleration to 9.8 m/s2 [1g]
· Speeds to 2.3 m/s [90 in/sec]
· Optional built-in electronic brake (holding coil) for end holding
· Integral Rulon bearings
· Low cost, powered by AC line voltage or adjustable speed with an inverter
· Provides long stroke with uniform force
· Stroke limited by end stops on moving rod
· Limited duty cycle applications
· Virtually maintenance free
· Single or 3-phase AC line voltage, 50 or 60 Hz (Single-phase requires use of external capacitor)